Lychee Colada: A True Summer Treat.
“Live in each season as it passes: breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit.” — Henry David Thoreau
Nothing screams summer more than a Piña Colada and If you are a Piña Colada fan, be prepared to be stunned by this delicious twist on the classic cocktail.
The Lychee and Coconut flavour combination is an absolute delight. It is a perfect marriage of two tropical flavours.
Lychee (Litchi chinensis) is a small but mighty tropical fruit with white flesh that has a fragrant, sweet flavour, a floral aroma, and a deep pink bumpy skin.
This juicy succulent fruit originated from the Southeastern Province of China where it was cultivated for thousands of years. It reached India via Burma (Myanmar) sometime in the 18th century and from thereon, it spread to several parts of the world. In India, Lychees are one of the favourite summer fruits.
Due to its short season and a tendency to ripen quickly, fresh lychees are usually found only in the regions where it is grown.
Lychees contain a good amount of fibers, minerals, and vitamins that makes them good for the heart, regulates blood pressure, helps boost immunity, promotes healthy skin.
A sophisticated drink that is great for sipping in the sun.
- 1½ oz / 45 ml White Rum
- ½ oz / 15 ml Homemade Lychee Liqueur
- 2 oz / 60 ml Cream of Coconut
- 3 oz / 90 ml Lychee Juice
- 6–8 Fresh Lychees, peeled and deseeded
- Garnish: Lychee, fresh coconut slice, and fresh flower.
- Muddle the Lychees in a shaker tin.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients
- Hard shake and strain into a tall glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with Lychees, a fresh coconut slice, and fresh flower.
- Drink, Smile, and Repeat.
Tasting Notes: The fragrant flavour of lychees combined with coconut make this a perfectly balanced sweet, fruity, creamy, and refreshing cocktail. It is a flirty twist on a Piña Colada wherein we have replaced the pineapple juice with the delicate and sweet Lychee Juice. The rum is masked by the Lychee and Coconut flavours.
- Small Plates: Oysters; Ham and Cheese Pinwheels; Spicy Chicken Wings; Smoked Salmon Crostini; Ceviche; Tandoori Chicken Tikka; Crab and Avocado Bruschetta; Cucumber Tea Sandwiches; Tandoori Paneer Tikka; Corn Chaat; Crispy Fried Garlic Mushrooms.
- Greens / Soups: Roast Duck and Noodle Salad; Jackfruit, Mango and Dill Salad; Shrimp and Crab Bisque; Pumpkin Soup.
- Big Plates: Smoked Pork Loin Roast served with Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Green Beans; Pulled Pork Burgers with Slaw; Sticky Pork Belly Bao Buns; Turkey BLT Sandwiches with Chips; Turkey Stir fry served with Steamed Rice; Duck L’Orange served with Grilled Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes; Pan-Seared Salmon with Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce served with Sauteed Asparagus; Chicken Kung Pao with Steamed Rice; Chicken Dum Biryani with Mirchi ka Salan and Raita; Barbecued Jackfruit Sandwiches with Avocado Slaw; Tofu and Mushroom Stir Fry served with Steamed Rice; Tomato Basil Pasta; Black Bean Tacos; Paneer Tikka Masala served with Tandoori Roti; Kathal ki Biryani with Raita.
- Desserts: Phirni; Kulfi; Sandesh; Kheer; Lemon Tarts; Dark Chocolate Mousse Cake; Chocolate Eclairs; Matcha Green Tea Macarons with Chocolate Ganache; White Chocolate Cheesecake; Pecan Pie.
Originally published at https://perfectpotions.co on July 11, 2021.